Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

What a Mother's Day weekend it was!!!! It started on Friday when my wonderful DS (darling son) sent me flowers and chocolates. Ladies, I have trained him well!!!! You can thank me later. :) 

I think he sent me flowers because he knew what was going to happen on Saturday...he was moving back home!! He was just gone NINE months! Where does it all come from!?!?!? We loaded a sarcophagus – yes, I said sarcophagus!! I can't make these things up.

Mother's Day was awesome! We took my mom to Pico's in Houston where we had their paella. DELICIOUS!!! It was loaded with shrimp, mussels, crab, calamari, little octopi, chicken, sausage, and fish. The flavor was wonderful. You have to make reservations and order ahead. Our table was next to the fountain in the middle of the room. When they walked in with this HUGE plate of paella, everybody...I mean EVERYBODY...stopped and stared as they carried it out and placed it on the stand on our table. Then there were all these hushed whispers...what is that? that looks wonderful... And it was!!!

I love how DS is already eyeing all the shrimp and laying claim in his mind. And yes...see the little octopus there in the bottom left?

No comments: