Saturday, June 25, 2011

Part 2: Here's the Church, Here's the Steeple

As promised, I got up this morning to finish the my church photo project that I started last week in "Here's the Church, Here's the Steeple" blog posting. BUT if I'm going to be taking pictures, I MUST remember to charge the flippin' camera battery before going out!!! Geez. FAIL!  I was able to get four churches photographed before my camera died. I wanted to get more pictures but because the little red light was flashing I did a rushed job. :(   AND...the churches were very active early this morning. Lots of monks and members working in their gardens.

The churches I did get are very close together and right across the street from the Islamic and Chimnaya Prabha. And...they all have gates.

First up is the Vietnam Buddhist Center. GORGEOUS and big place. I will have to go back and get more pictures.




Immediately next door is the Shree Swaminarayan Temple. Only thing separating them is a metal fence. The Shree Swaminarayan is tucked back in and sort of behind the Vietnam Buddhist Center. I was getting strange looks when I drove back there so these are VERY quick shots.



Next door to the Shree Swaminayaran is Ashtalakshmi Temple Vedic Center. There's sort of a fence between these two BUT there is also a plywood sidewalk between the parking lots. I'm not sure if this is like a church or a meeting place...but it says "temple" on the sign. :)  Their building is VERY plain...just a corrugated metal building but with a cool sign over the door.



The last stop this morning is Trung Tam Phat Giao Viet Nam. Yep, I have no clue except it's a lovely and quaint place...again with gates. This is where my camera died. I definitely have to come back. There's several great shots to get here.



So obviously there will be a Part 3 of "Here's the Church, Here's the Steeple" once my camera battery recharges. LOL   The other 5 or 6 churches left are more Western churches.

Which one is your favorite so far?

Part 3

No comments: