Saturday, July 30, 2011

She's a Broken Lady...

...Waiting to be mended...Like a potter would mend a broken vase...She's a broken lady...


OK. I admit it. I'm a Larry Gatlin Fan!!!

Last night I saw Larry Gatlin and the Gatlin Brothers Band perform at a local fundraiser. Oh man! It was AWESOME! I was a little apprehensive because it's been YEARS since I've seen them (or heard them). I was a BIG fan back in the 70s-80s during high school.

...All the goooooooold in Califoooooooooooooooornia...is in a bank in the middle of Beverly Hills in somebody else's name...so if you're dreamin'... about Califoooooooooooooooornia...


It wasn't a huge venue...just about 700 people. Seats were good. And he was a riot! Larry Gatlin has obviously loosened up during the last few years. He had the crowd whoopin' and a hollarin'!! Especially with his fabulous political jabs. It's safe to say he and I are on the same page. :D   

...Houuuuuuuuston....Houston means that I'm one day closer to you...Houuuuuuston...Houston means the last day of the tour and we're throooooooough...


At one point early on, some lady was in the aisle at the back taking a picture while he was singing. He stops in the middle of the song and tells her she can't get a good picture if she's standing way out in Wharton and to come closer. He and the WHOLE band jump down off the stage and pose for her and then told everyone else to come on down to get a picture. HILARIOUS!

...I did (I did...I did) not mean to mislead youuuuuuu...I never intended to push come to shove...And I don't have one thing against you...I just wish you were someone I loooooooooved...


We had a good time! What even made it better is we didn't have to drive in town (the event was just 5 minutes from my house) so there was NO Houston traffic to deal with. The only song they didn't sing that I really wanted to hear was The Midnight Choir. That was my theme song in high school. 

...Will they have Mogen David in heaven...Dear Lord, I want to know...Will they have Mogen David in heaven, Sweet Jesus, if they don't who the hell wants to go?!

Now I need to go download his new single ...which is FANTASTIC!!!... called "Americans That's Who". I highly recommend it!!! You'll be singing along, too!!

...Who are these good people...Americans, That's Who...

And YES, I DO know the words to all of his songs. :P

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So jealous!! I will have to try and catch them if they ever make it our way.

Otter said...

Sounds like a fantastic time. I always respected the Gatlin brothers.