Friday, July 22, 2011

Stupid Monkey Award #5

I'm starting to see a trend with our Stupid Monkeys. Seems English is not their first language. The one benefit  of those who don't know English well...they make GREAT comedic material!! LOL  I'm sure the same could be said for Americans learning different languages. It can be confusing. BUT...when in another country, one should make sure their business names and signs don't have dual meanings!!! :D  With that, I give you our next Stupid Monkey Award winner...

A Dong Chinese & Vietnamese Restaurant


First off...A HUGE "Thank You" to fiberotter for sending this fantastic picture!!! Seems they were out and about in Live Oak/Selma, Texas, when they came upon this local Chinese and Vietnamese restaurant. Hmmm...I wonder what's on the menu? Rocky Mountain oysters? Spotted Dick? Or is it a "men's" club? Maybe they play ZZ Top's Tube Snake Boogie.

See?!? Business owners should consult someone who speaks English as a FIRST language before erecting signs. (yes...I said "erecting". LOL)

Joe: Where are you going to lunch today?
Me: Hmmm...I had a hankering for A Dong. Want to go with me? We could share.
Joe: Count me in!

Keep sending those pictures!!



No comments: