Saturday, July 14, 2012

I Should Be A Professional Photographer!

You know what? I'm a graphic designer. I take professional photos that I use for my job all the time. I take GREAT photos.

except.

except...

...Except when it comes to photos of my very talented son. Maybe it's him. Hell. Maybe it's the theater we were in that just so happens to be the theater he graduated in. (See How to Take Bad Graduation Photos.)

I don't know.

I just know that I don't have ANY. NONE. NADA. good pictures of him doing the things that he does.

total sadness.

Take tonight, for example. He was playing the Mad Hatter in Queen Theatre's production of "Alice in Wonderland."

I tried to capture his curtain call. Capture him in the moment where everyone was cheering his performance. Capture the excitement...the thrill...the adoration...the...the...blur.


Yep. That blur on the left...that's him. Cool effects, eh? You would think I got into Photoshop and did some fancy new effect, right? Yep. sure. that's what I did. keep telling yourself that.

OK...Let me try again... *snap*


Great. yep. just great. Such lovely colors.


SJFp8#*!($ RU@RUOP!#~~##!!!!**#*)&%^&@#$@!!! sassafrassingsorrysonofabiscuiteater

One last try. Ready. Set. CLICK!


HALLELUJAH!!! HE'S not blurry but I can't see him for the damn hat over his face and he's looked away.

I should just quit. Give my camera away to someone who knows how to use it. Sell it and buy a clue.

Obviously, I don't know what I'm doing and should change careers.
There will be no standing ovations for me.
sadness.

No comments: